You can’t connect a Bluetooth speaker to your PS4 wirelessly — here are 2 other ways to connect speakers
You can’t wirelessly connect a Bluetooth speaker to a PS4. Here are two other ways to connect speakers.
- You can’t wirelessly connect a Bluetooth speaker to your PS4, but there are other ways to do it.
- Most Bluetooth speakers have an extra output that you can use to connect to the PS4 with a 3.5 mm audio cable.
- To connect your speaker to your PS4, plug it into the 3.5 mm input on the DualShock controller and make sure the Settings are set up to play audio from the controller.
- You can also connect a speaker to your TV, and it will play sound automatically through the HDMI connection on the PS4.
- Visit the main page of Business Insider to read more stories.
Your PS4 can’t connect to Bluetooth speakers, which is too bad.
Most Bluetooth devices don’t work with Sony’s PS4. If you want to connect Bluetooth headphones to your PS4, you’ll also need to make sure they’re a certain type.
But you’ll need to use other ways to connect speakers. Here’s what you need to do.
Check out the products that this article talks about:
You can’t connect a Bluetooth speaker wirelessly to your PS4, but you can use these other ways.
You can also connect speakers to your PS4 in two other ways:
- With an audio cable, you can connect your speakers straight to your PS4. Even Bluetooth speakers usually have a wired output, so this method should work with almost any speaker.
- You can hook up a speaker to the TV your PS4 is hooked up to. Depending on what your TV can do, you can use an audio cable or Bluetooth to connect the speaker to it. If your PS4 is connected to a TV through HDMI, it should automatically play sound through the TV’s speakers.
How to use an audio cable to connect a speaker to your PS4
The easiest way to connect a speaker (Bluetooth or not) to your PS4 is to use a 3.5 mm audio cable to connect it to your DualShock controller.
1.Plug a 3.5 mm audio cable into your PS4 controller’s port and connect the other end to your speaker’s output.
Use the 3.5 mm input on the controller to hook up a speaker to your PS4. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
2.Select “Settings” on the controller.
3.Choose “Devices,” then “Audio Devices.”
4.Click “Output Device” and make sure “Headset Connected to Controller” is selected, if it isn’t already.
Make sure that the Output Device option is set to “Headset.” Dave Johnson/Business Insider
5.Click “Output to Headphones” and make sure “All Audio” is selected.
You can choose to send all sound to the controller’s headphones jack. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
When you now use the PS4, the sound should come out of the speaker.